Parvizian Company was first established in the US back in 1965 in the Georgetown area of our nation’s capital Washington DC. After having opened several new locations in the District, the Parvizian brothers decided to settle in Bethesda adding an array of beautiful furniture products to their rug collection. Since then they have extended their business to Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, New York, Atlanta and now have more than 25 locations nationwide.
Their European endeavors have flourished in Zurich Switzerland dealing in wholesale merchandise and prior to that, Romania where they had established a rug workshop of 5000 weavers. Their massive wool factory in Pakistan and India had also been in operation for over 30 years.
In the year 2000, Abdi Parvizian’s Bethesda Gallery started focusing only on his fine rugs, a smaller but more exclusive collection of rugs now on display keeping this beautiful art alive.
Parvizian has become the most prestigious and the most well known rug gallery around the country with some of the most noted American and European clienteles including the White House. Most probably you will also always find a few Parvizian items displayed in Designer Homes in the metro areas.
Every rug at Parvizian is chosen by Abdi Parvizian personally. His life time experience has lead him to choose the very best. Since oriental rugs are not well known to the consumer, we recommend customers to research dealers before purchasing rugs. You may find two rugs exactly the same but quite different from each other. You may find rugs that have been damaged and repaired. We however, stand behind our products and every rug that is sold is guaranteed authenticity of origin and the quality to be the finest.
About Abdi Parvizian
- 1962: Abdi Parvizian came to the United States of America in 1962 to study Business Administration and Mathematics at Morgan State University.
- 1967: Abdi Parvizian married Simin Moghaddam and since then, they have raised three children together: Forough, the eldest is a Dentist and lives in McLean with her husband and three children. Ally, an Attorney, is married and lives with her husband and three children in Houston, TX. Their youngest, Allen has taken over the family business and lives with his wife and two children in McLean, VA.
- 1968: With a vision to establish his own Oriental Carpet Store and to live out the American dream, he founded Parvizian, Inc.
- 1973: He received a Master’s degree in Engineering and Business Administration from George Washington University.
- 1982: The company launched a spin-off wholesale company called Par Inco. Its focus was to supply handmade carpets to dealers and department stores nationwide.
- 2000: Abdi Parvizian relinquished all ownership and transferred the company to his son, Allen Parvizian.
- Abdi Parvizian participated in the political process by supporting the campaigns of Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Governor O’Malley, Steve Silverman, Senator Sarbanes and many other politicians around the nation.
- He served two terms on the board of UNICEF and co-chaired a UNICEF Ball with Abe Pollin.
- Abdi Parvizian supported the Ronald McDonald House, Joe Gibbs Youth for Tomorrow, Little Langley School and Georgetown Day School.
- 2001: He sponsored a benefit at his store that raised over $70,000 for the families of the victims of the 9/11 Pentagon tragedy.
- Abdi Parvizian served on the Executive Board for the Center for National Policy.
- Abdi Parvizian has been a strong supporter of the Red Cross.
- He joined the Southeastern University Board of Trustees.
- Abdi Parvizian currently serves on the Advisory Board at BB&T. He provided educational opportunities for residents of the nation’s capital. He currently serves on the Advisory Board at BB&T.